Routing TCP/IP, Volume II, Second Edition covers TCP connections, message states, path attributes, interior routing protocol interoperation, neighbor connections, and much more. The authors present crucial knowledge for every professional who wants to manage routers to support network growth and change. The routing and switching techniques they cover are fundamental to all modern networks, and form the foundation of all CCIE tracks - making this book an outstanding resource for those seeking to earn Cisco's elite CCIE credential.
Routing TCP/IP, Volume II: CCIE Professional Development, Second Edition
The definitive guide to Cisco exterior routing protocols and advanced IP routing issues—now completely updated
Praised in its first edition for its readability, breadth, and depth, Routing TCP/IP, Volume II, Second Edition will help you thoroughly understand modern exterior routing protocols and implement them with Cisco routers.
Best-selling author Jeff Doyle offers crucial knowledge for every network professional who must manage routers to support growth and change. You’ll find configuration and troubleshooting lessons that would cost thousands to learn in a classroom, plus up-to-date case studies, examples, exercises, and solutions.
Routing TCP/IP, Volume II, Second Edition covers routing and switching techniques that form the foundation of all Cisco CCIE tracks. Its expert content and CCIE structured review makes it invaluable for anyone pursuing this elite credential.
While its examples focus on Cisco IOS, the book illuminates concepts that are fundamental to virtually all modern networks and routing platforms. Therefore, it serves as an exceptionally practical reference for network designers, administrators, and engineers in any environment.
· Review core inter-domain routing concepts, and discover how exterior routing protocols have evolved
· Master BGP’s modern operational components
· Effectively configure and troubleshoot BGP
· Control path attributes and selection to define better routes
· Take full advantage of NLRI and routing policies
· Provide for load balancing and improved network scalability
· Extend BGP to multiprotocol environments via MP-BGP
· Deploy, configure, manage, troubleshoot, and scale IP multicast routing
· Implement Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM): Dense Mode, Sparse Mode, and Bidirectional
· Operate, configure, and troubleshoot NAT in IPv4-IPv4 (NAT44) and IPv6-IPv4 (NAT64) environments
· Avoid policy errors and other mistakes that damage network performance
This book is part of the CCIE Professional Development series,which offers expert-level instruction on network design, deployment, and support methodologies to help networking professionals manage complex networks and prepare for the CCIE exams.
Covers: BGP, Multicast, and NAT