The 15th edition of Giesecke’s, Technical Drawing and Engineering Graphics
is a comprehensive introduction and detailed reference for creating 3D models and 2D documentation drawings. Expanding on its reputation as a trusted reference, this edition expands on the role that the 3D CAD database plays in design and documentation. The text maintains its excellent integration of illustrations with text and consistent navigational features to make it easy to find and look up important information.
This full-color text offers a clear, complete introduction and detailed reference for creating 3D models and 2D documentation drawings. Building on its reputation as a trusted reference, this edition expands on the role that 3D CAD databases now play in design and documentation. Superbly integrated illustrations, text, step-by-step instructions, and navigation make it easier than ever to master key skills and knowledge. Throughout, the authors demonstrate 3D and 2D drawing skills and CAD usage in real-world work practice in today’s leading disciplines. They combine strong technical detail, real-world examples, and current standards, materials, industries, and processes–all in a format that is efficient, colorful, and visual.
- Splash Spread: Appealing chapter opener provides context and motivation.
- References and Web Links: Useful weblinks and standards provided upfront in each chapter.
- Understanding Section: Foundational introductions, tabbed for easy navigation, outline each topic’s importance, use, visualization tips, and theory.
- Detail Section: Detailed, well-tested explanations of drawing techniques, variations, and examples–organized into quick-read sections, numbered for easy reference.
- CAD at Work Section: Breakout pages offer tips on generating drawings from 2D or 3D models.
- Portfolio Section: Examples of finished drawings show how techniques are applied in the real world.
- Key Words: Italicized on first reference, summarized after each chapter.
- Chapter: Summaries and Review Questions: Efficiently reinforce learning.
- Exercises: Outstanding problem sets with updated exercises, including parts, assembly drawings from CAD models, sketching problems, and orthographic projections.