Students are rushing to master powerful machine learning techniques for improving decision-making and scaling analysis to immense datasets. Machine Learning with Python for Everyone brings together all they’ll need to succeed: a practical understanding of the machine learning process, accessible code, skills for implementing that process with Python and the scikit-learn library, and real expertise in using learning systems intelligently.
Reflecting 20 years of experience teaching non-specialists, Dr. Mark Fenner teaches through carefully-crafted datasets that are complex enough to be interesting, but simple enough for non-specialists. Building on this foundation, Fenner presents real-world case studies that apply his lessons in detailed, nuanced ways. Throughout, he offers clear narratives, practical “code-alongs,” and easy-to-understand images -- focusing on mathematics only where it’s necessary to make connections and deepen insight.
All you need to succeed in data science with Python: process, code, and implementation
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Understanding and Building Machine Learning Systems with Python
- Understand the machine learning process, leverage the powerful Python scikit-learn library, and master the algorithmic components of learning systems
- Integrates clear narrative, carefully designed Python code, images, and interesting, intelligible datasets
- For wide audiences of analysts, managers, project leads, statisticians, developers, and students who want a quick jumpstart into data science
Machine Learning with Python for Everyone
will help you master the processes, patterns, and strategies you need to build effective learning systems, even if you’re an absolute beginner. If you can write some Python code, this book is for you, no matter how little college-level math you know. Principal instructor Mark E. Fenner relies on plain-English stories, pictures, and Python examples to communicate the ideas of machine learning.
Mark begins by discussing machine learning and what it can do; introducing key mathematical and computational topics in an approachable manner; and walking you through the first steps in building, training, and evaluating learning systems. Step by step, you’ll fill out the components of a practical learning system, broaden your toolbox, and explore some of the field’s most sophisticated and exciting techniques. Whether you’re a student, analyst, scientist, or hobbyist, this guide’s insights will be applicable to every learning system you ever build or use.
Register your book for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available. See inside book for details.
- Understand machine learning algorithms, models, and core machine learning concepts
- Classify examples with classifiers, and quantify examples with regressors
- Realistically assess performance of machine learning systems
- Use feature engineering to smooth rough data into useful forms
- Chain multiple components into one system and tune its performance
- Apply machine learning techniques to images and text
- Connect the core concepts to neural networks and graphical models
- Leverage the Python scikit-learn library and other powerful tools