Build reliable, fast, and engaging apps that deliver superb user experiences on any platform - without the development overhead of native apps!
- Start with a simple app and progressively enhance it with powerful modern capabilities
- Discover how Service Workers can improve user experience and performance simply and painlessly
- Full source code available on GitHub, with additional insights and support at pwalearn.com
progressive web apps; pwa; service workers; service worker update; w3c manifests; cross-platform web apps; modern mobile development; mobile app development; push notifications; pwa guide; learning pwa; pwa book; pwa development; pwa training; mobile ux
- Responsively fit any form factor and work with all modern browsers
- Can also work offline or on low quality networks
- Offer modern app-style interactions, navigation, and push notifications to deliver a better user experience for more retention and reengagement
- Update themselves automatically
- Can be shared easily via URLs
- Are served via HTTPS to prevent eavesdropping and tampering
Wargo clearly introduces each core concept, and illustrates the implementation of each capability through a running case study. You’ll start with a simple progressive web app, then incrementally expand and extend it with state-of-the-art features, usability, and performance. All example source code is available on Github, and additional resources will be available through the author’s site, pwalearn.com.